New Bolts Hit Qualcomm for EV Day: Mark Your Calendar for the Sept. 9 Event!
The Chargers may be gone, but on Saturday, Sept. 9, Qualcomm Stadium will be energized in a totally different way by Bolts during the annual EV Day San Diego.
Chevy Bolts and Volts, along with more than 20 different models of electric vehicles fit for every budget and lifestyle will be available for test spins on two different tracks. EV Day San Diego is the biggest local annual event of its kind. SDG&E, along with Cleantech San Diego and the Center for Sustainable Energy are putting on EV Day as part of National Drive Electric Week from Sept. 9-17.
Besides the Chevy Bolts and Volts, Ford Focus Electric and Fusion Energi, Kia Soul, Honda Clarity, BMW i3, Volkswagen eGolf and more will be onsite, which means less wait time for you to find the EV of your dreams.
Just think about the benefits of going electric…
- You will save money— up to $7,500 in federal tax incentives, $1,500-$4,500 in state rebates depending on income, $10K discounts currently being offered by Nissan and BMW, less money spent on fuel and maintenance.
- You get to ride in the carpool lane. Need we say more?
- You can save money by taking advantage of electric vehicle special time-of-use (TOU) rates, which allow you to pay as little as 0.19 per kilowatt hour when you program your car to charge between midnight and 5 a.m. Join the 10,000 EV drivers in the region who are already enrolled in the EV TOU program.
- They’re comfy and they can move. Take a test drive. You’ll be a believer.
- Charging is becoming more convenient. Have you heard about SDG&E’s Power Your Drive initiative to install 3,500 chargers at apartments, condos and businesses?
- You’re doing your part to reduce harmful emissions and clean the air we all breathe. Go ahead, give yourself a pat on the back!
There will be plenty of displays and demonstrations with local experts to round out your EV education and explain why San Diegans are adopting clean transportation at such a high rate.
Once you’re done test driving four wheels, give two a try. Electric bicycles from local vendors will be available for you to experience how these bikes can boost your active lifestyle – especially up hills.
There is something for everyone to enjoy at EV Day. The kids will love driving mini-electric cars, presented by the San Diego Fire Rescue Foundation. The whole family can partake in food trucks, music, and face painting. For everyone’s comfort, there will be a shaded tent area.
Already an EV driver? We’ve got you covered too. Sign up here to take part in the EV tailgate. Display your car and share your experience of driving electric. By the way, the first 100 registrants for EV Tailgate will receive a voucher to the food trucks at the event.
EV Day San Diego runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 9, at Qualcomm Stadium, 9449 Friars Road. It’s free, and family-friendly – no registration required. Learn more here: sdge.com/evday.